Thursday, June 17, 2010

I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

I dyed my hair with a color for exclusively dark hair and unfortunately only the roots took. Is there a way I can correct it without having to go to a professional? I am not planning on keeping the lighter color, I want a dark color now. Please help!



Additional Details



My hair was medium brown and I used L'oreal Paris B61 (Hi lift cool brown). The dye took on the roots the most, then on the growth and on the tips it did not take at all. So my roots are the actual cool brown advertised on the box and the tips are medium brown still.



I was looking at the Herbal Essences website and I love that 66 (chocolate velvet) color. Would it work out if I just used that dye? Or would it still look weird and two toned?



Extra details in case it is needed:



wavy hair



thick but not course



no gray



healthy



two-three inches past my sho



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

Here's what went wrong. You chose a "high lift" color which generally means there is a lightener in it (bleach)... Well body heat makes it process faster, so therefore whatever was closest to your scalp brightened really fast and the rest of the hair didn't have enough heat. SOOO...you can color you hair any color as long as it's darker it should take.



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

repost this question, but make your details shorter. no one wants to read all of that, lol. keep it short, you'll get more answers that way. try to post a picture of your hair, you'll get TONS of other answers.



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

The best thing to do with hair that gets colored wrong is to get a professional to do it. Or else you might ruin your hair.



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

use Feria! its the best



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

perhaps you should bleach your hair a bit and leave it on the roots a little bit longer than on the rest of your head (b/c the roots are darker) and then even though after the bleach the color will be terrible it will be even toned. THEN dye the herbal essences color you like and you should be set!



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

you will be fine just to put the color over it. Cool brown is an ash and the velvet brown is a warm(red) so you won't end up with any crazy colors.



good luck



I have a question about hair dye.. can you help?

It all depends on the hair type you have. in some cases your hair tips dint get enough you Need to be reeelllllyyyyy thorough . the same amount need to be applied all over your hair and scalp..



if you are considering dying it a different color wait at least a week before applying



if you have long and/or thick hair use two cases of dye



Hope i helped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate