Thursday, June 17, 2010

HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

So, my natural hair color is a dark blonde, and in the sun, it has a red tint to it. But, of course, I haven't seen that color in a LONG time. I was having my hair highlighted for a long time, and it was very pretty light blonde. But, about two weeks ago, I decided it was time to start going back to my natural color. So, I dyed my hair a medium blonde. It came out okay, but mostly washed out in a week. Today, I dyed it again with a dark, golden blonde, and now it just looks really, really dark red. The shade of the color actually seems to be right on, it's just way too red. Is there anyway I can fix this on my own. I've read on some of the other posts that an ash color might help. Does anyone have any expert advice? Should I use an ash blonde or an ash brown? Will it work?



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

omg. were both tiffanys...both have dirty blonde hair with sun tinted red...who better to get advice from?



okay. clam down, your mistake is common and not a big one.



i don't suggest an ash color unless your hair was originally mostly one color (besides a few natural highlights).



i totally suggest the following though:



1. i know it sucks but you might have to wait it out. its probably not as bad as you think it might be anyway. im sure you can pull off red. by letting it ware off on its own, you'll get your true color back without anymore dying colors.



2. go for a strawberry blonde, not ash. and yes, you can definitely do this at home. buy a dying kit and go for it! being a professional, I'd say you should really stick with lighter colors if you want to dye it. The light in the strawberry is not RED, but slight orangeish yellow, and it will fade your red hair away.



3. i'd also go for faded blonde. no, your hair won't look faded after, but it will merge with the exsisting red and balance your hair color out a bit to make it look not only a lot better, but natural with a bit more of that red you liked.



4. ash brown is a totally different situation. technically speaking, it might actually tint your hair blonde once it hits your red roots. although its a 50/50 chance. the other 50 percent is that it will make your hair darker and no blonde will be seen. it will be an light, almond brown which in my opinion still looks beautiful.



hold on and im sure it looks fine. hope i helped.



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

I'm sorry. That sucks.



Go to a professional.



Otherwise you will regret it because you may just screw it up more.



Good luck! ;)



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

i'm a licensed cosmetologist....ash would work but if u r using OTC color make sure it doesnt have metallic in the ingredients... if u color ur hair 2 much w that it will turn a greenish....



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

Ahhh! Go in and have a pro fix it for you. Otherwise, you will end up making it way worse. Maybe a strip-job is due? It can damage your hair, but at least you'll be able to get the color you're looking for.



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

Go to a professional. Thats what I did :) They fixed it



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

use hair oil or hair gel buddy



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

use gas and a match instead.



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

You have got to lay off the dye for a while because you are damaging your hair. You are putting too many different colors on your hair one behind the other and it is going to ruin your hair. Too many different chemicals will cause your hair to become dry and brittle and eventually break off, so first you need to stop damaging your hair. Keep it healthy and it will work in your favor. You will be able to obtain the color you want for your hair if you dont continue to put all these types of colors and dyes on your hair. So maintain it, and after about a month or two then try to dye your hair the color you want it will work in your favor. Good Luck!!



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

I'd give it a little while. Color washes out quickly (especially reds).



HELP! My hair is hideous!!?

Honestly it cant look that bad...and i would advise u to stop dying it bucause it sounds like youve dyed it way to much in less than a month. u will rather have the "wrong" color hair when ur hairs fried and dead and you cant even style it OR dye it anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate